Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Do You Ever Feel Invisible?

Clearly, I'm not, I'm around, I can be seen, but no one takes you seriously? Or cares enough to respond. Not so much IRL, except for Larry but that' s just the way he is, but on message boards and internet groups. Sometimes I feel like my posts go ignored....why? I'm not a bad person, and I try to respond to others for the most part. Even posts that I perceive as silly or meaningless or even inane...but I can post on a board I've been active on for over 2 years, have had people over my house, have been to theirs, had outings with, lno's, went to birthday parties, etc. about my father and get 3 or 4 messages in replies...but a stranger posts, someone who recently joined with some sad sob story, which appears unbelievable and she gets an outpouring of support, people bending over backwards to get her things. I asked for nothing, just some acknowledgement. Another board I asked for some help finding something, no responses. But other people post babble all day long and get responses.

Maybe it's time for me to pull back and concentrate on me and mine and not be so involved in any internet community.

2 comments:

Cutie said...

I totally understand every word you just wrote. I'm starting to pull back, too. Things are just SO different now, ya know? Anyway...you will NEVAH be invisible to me. (Hugs)

tngrl99 said...

Hey Denise. You're not invisible....at least not to me. I do know exactly how you feel though. I get the same way. I think that's why I get into posting funks. I just don't feel like taking the time sometimes when I feel like noone's going to pay attention anyway. Then, the funk spills over to the places where I should post (like my BGs) and I end up being the one ignoring others. LOL. It's a little ironic that way. But, hugs to you because I do get it.