Friday, April 13, 2007

My Job

I've been feeling for a while, that something has been going on. About a month ago, I met with Tracy and her husband to discuss the course the company was taken. Apparently, Dave the husband had been wanting to meet with me. Well from the meeting I learned that Dave would be committing to the company full time and that they were expanding their services from search to supplemental insurance (he's an Insurance Salesman for AFLAC, travel (he became a party of yourtravelbiz.com or something) and other ventures. Also that Tracy was pending a job offer with one of our clients that supposedly she would continue to work with our corporation.

But truly from the meeting I got the big PUSH towards this travel biz, because it's RLM (relationship level marketing as opposed to MLM) but the concepts are similar. You pay a fee (about $500) to get a travel website that you promote, advertise for etc. etc. When people use your website you get a commission from the sale. Example: someone books one night stay at the Mariott in Pittsburgh for $100. Well the Marriott pays 10% to this corporation, i.e. $10 and you would get 60% of that sale i.e. $6. Also you sign up people under you and you start getting commission on their commission.

We have some jobs that I've been steadily trying to fill. Some successfully, some not. But I really feel that at least one job will be filled in the next week and another *MIGHT* be filled in the next month. That being said, two weeks ago I tried to access monster.com and couldn't not search any resumes. That's our job bank
, so when I questioned her about it I was told same thing happened to her and she had a call into Monster about it. I've questioned her 3 times since and got the response that she's been playing "phone tag" with monster. I let it go, with all the other things going on in my life, but I've still be committed to doing my job. However, I can no longer search for candidates without the right tools.

A couple of days ago the husband sends me an email about a meeting he's having at his house about the travel business. It was for the evening of the 12th and I couldn't go. Today he sends another email explain the focus of the travel business and the ad he's placing on Monster.com to recruit business.

Now it's time to open my mouth. I emailed him back:
Thanks for the information, but I'm more interested in finding out what's
happening with the "search" part of the ASAP organization as there's no
access to monster.com to search resumes at the current time and there
doesn't seem to be any incoming jobs either to recruit for.

Then tonight I was talking to Larry and we started talking about the lack of work, jobs orders
and my comittment: time, $ (phone line, internet, cell phone) and what commission I will make on the
jobs that I feel will close and with my compensation structure, it's just not worth it.

So I emailed Tracy:

I've been reviewing my time spent these past few moths on various
job orders and such and I feel that my time committment is worth
more than the XX% that we have agreed upon. The lack of closeable
jobs and the time spent recruiting for these jobs have ended up costing
me money (time, internet, dedicated phone line, cell phone) instead of
making me money. I understand that this purely a commission based
position, but I had thought that I would have more job orders to work on
that were closeable.

I'd like to discuss a change of commission to XX% due to the amount of
work that I have to do for each job order whether they've been closeable
or not, considering that every job will not be closeable, but the commission
should more than compensate for those times when we just can't get the
right person.

I'm also very concerned by the recent lack of any new job orders coming in
and the status with Monster.com. If and when we do close this Coury job
and maybe the Longboat one, will there be any job orders for me to work
on and how will I be searching? Or is the corporation soley concentrating
on the travel business and your expected postion with CLIENT.

I aimed higher on the requested commission to give us room to
negotiate but truly from where I stand, the amount of work I
do for a job is way more than what he/she does to get the order.

So I'm expecting a call on Monday. I've already done a search
on "virtual recruiters" and and there are several jobs out there
that I would be interested in pursuing if this doesn't
pan out.




No comments: