Thursday, March 13, 2008

Being a Working Mom Just Doesn't Suit Me

I'm depressed because I have to work...so I'm in a funk...I feel like I'm lost as to where my kids are in school (even though I review everything with them everyday---it's just an excuse I'm using for not working). I don't have Dylan in any activities, because I feel like we can't fit them in. Marissa is in bowling on Saturdays and Daisy's every other Thursday. In April she will start soccer on Mondays and Fridays. Bowling will be over in mid April.

I feel behind and all because I hate using my time at home housekeeping. Larry's a HUGE help---doing all the laundry, helping with dishes etc. but I'm responsible for all the organizing and I'm soooo not an organized type of person. I do the food shopping and most of the meal planning and cooking. I review kids school work and papers and make sure that we are on top of everything like that. I prepare their clothes everyday and make sure they do/take/are where/what they are supposed to. Alot of it is "mind" work and I guess it's got me exhausted. I know I wouldn't be any less exhausted if I was home all day, not working, because my time would be taken up with other things...like cleaning the house (LOL), volunteering at Marissa's school, taking Dylan to preschool twice a week and speech three times a week and etc.

Oh well, off to find me something to get me out of this funk...hmmmm....maybe chocolate LOL.

1 comment:

5 little greenbeans said...

Awe......
I couldnt imagine denise!
Did you find a way to some chocolate de-funkness?
((((((( hugs))))))))