Monday, March 10, 2008

Dinner Tonight

I'm always on the lookout for something different for dinner. I've had this recipe for a while, but because it's only for 4-5 hours in the crockpot, I haven't had much chance to make it. So today when we decided to go to the 1:00 movie I knew I had the opportunity, and everything I needed at home:

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup butter (I used light spread)
4 oz. onion and chive cream cheese (I used light)
1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 can Golden or Cream of Mushroom soup (I used the cream of with roasted garlic)
1/2 cup white wine or cooking wine
1 package of angel hair pasta

Place 6 chicken breasts in crock pot.
Melt butter in sauce pan then combine with softened cream cheese, salad dressing mix, soup and wine in a bowl. Mix well until blended. Pour over chicken in crock pot.
Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Serve over cooked pasta.

It was very tasty. Larry who doesn't like chicken, used the sauce over the pasta and liked it.

No comments: