Monday, March 10, 2008

Growing Up

Every day I'm reminded how much my children are growing up. They do things and I think "Oh right she's 6 or he's 3 now".

Today I didn't work so Dylan and I met my friend Laura and her 3 year old Bryce at the movies. They have a Monday afternoon special for $5, admission and a popcorn. So we went to see Alvin & The Chipmunks.

After arguing with Bryce about seating and getting settled, the boys were sitting side by side with their drinks, popcorn and napkins and we were sitting right behind. Laura remarks, "It's a little sad that our little guys are sitting in front of us, all prepared watching a movie. It really hits you how much they are growing up. Usually he sits right next to me." I answered "yes it's sad to see your kids growing up. You are so proud of them, but yet you are sad as well."

It got me thinking of the other things he will be doing soon without me. He currently goes to pre-school without me and we are thinking of signing him up for gymnastics or something and that won't be Mommy & Me anymore.

I didn't have to be sad for long though...about half way through the movie he came back to my row to sit on me!

1 comment:

5 little greenbeans said...

I was sitting here thinking the same thing about 10 mins ago.
Looking around here at all the little ones, and how we were talking about easter dinner.
I was wondering if they, and their families will always come here for dinner, or if some will be spread across the country.
I wish they'd just be MINE, forever.
:(